Immediate Implant Placement
Dr. Devika Iyer
Masters of Periodontology, Masters of Implantology
Dr. Praveen Nathaniel
Dr. Matthew Youssef
PG DIP Implantology
Introduction to course – Dr. Matthew Youssef
- Welcome and introduction to the course
Bone physiology and wound healing – Dr. Matthew Youssef or Perio (Luan)
- Bone Physiology, would healing and Osseointegration.
Treatment planning – Dr. Matthew Youssef or Perio (Luan)
- Capturing patient data
- Case selection
- Rationale for immediate implant placement
- Risks associated with Immediate Implant Placement
Prosthetic Considerations for Immediate Implant Placement – Dr. Praveen Nathaniel
- Loading considerations
- Immediate temporisation techniques
Extraction techniques – Dr. Praveen Nathaniel
- Atraumatic extraction techniques
Immediate Implant Placement in the anterior zone – Dr. Devika Iyer
- Implant components
- Digital planning
- Implant design
- Implant selection
- Surgical Instruments (Appropriate Kit).
- Preparation considerations and techniques.
Grafting considerations in the immediate placement techniques – Dr. Devika Iyer
- Hard and soft tissue grafting considerations in immediate implant placement clinical scenarios.
Hands on Module – Dr. Devika Iyer and Dr. Matthew Youssef
- Full half day of pigs heads experience
- Exercises include:
- Extraction and immediate placement – Implant Selection
- Preparation techniques for immediate placement
- Soft and hard tissue grafting techniques
Only Few Seats Available
DR. PRAVEEN NATHANIEL
DR. DEVIKA IYER
Dr. Matthew Youssef
The best thing about this course is the hands-on components where you get to do suturing on pigs heads and extractions on a real patient. Because the student cohorts are small, it really enables you to get more one-on-one attention with the tutors, pick up tips and tricks, and identify small errors that you might be making and correct them straight away
Theory component was very comprehensive, and now the practical component is so good because it is a small group of people. It’s such a supportive, nice tight-knit learning environment. I feel comfortable taking these things that I’ve learnt and implementing them in my practice because I’ve done it before now, and with the guidance of a specialist. I feel very comfortable asking questions and making sure that I fully understand the content being taught… that is massive… you can’t put a price on that
Dr Wynton Perrot from Hawke’s Bay, New Zealand, shares his experience with our 2022 Master Implant Program. Great to see our student thoroughly enjoyed the Implant program!
Place your first dental implant with confidence, under guided supervision. Learn how to plan, place and restore dental implants to the highest standard from leading Melbourne specialists.
Live Surgery included in the program, with extensive hands-on components preparing you for private practice.